CY GPP AWARDS 2017 – EU Ecolabel – EMAS
On Friday 15 December 2017 the Minister of Agriculture, Rural Development and the Environment, Mr Nicos Kouyialis, presented the 2017 Green Public Procurement Awards (GPP Awards).
The awards took place at a special ceremony at the Amphitheatre of the Central Bank of Cyprus, Nicosia who were the main sponsors of the event, in the presence of the Minister of Education and Culture Dr Kostas Kadis and the Central Bank’s Governor Ms Chrystalla Georghadji.
The CY GPP Awards began in 2014 with a great response from all the public sector and local councils who were invited to enter; this year, for the first time, awards were open to the private sector.
The Award categories were as follows, with our School being honoured in seven categories:
• Integrated Policy for GPP
• Computer Equipment and Electrical Appliances – THE HERITAGE PRIVATE SCHOOL
• Internal Lighting – THE HERITAGE PRIVATE SCHOOL
• External and Street Lighting (only public sector)
• Vehicles – THE HERITAGE PRIVATE SCHOOL
• Air Conditioning – THE HERITAGE PRIVATE SCHOOL
• Building Energy Efficiency
• Renewable Energy – THE HERITAGE PRIVATE SCHOOL
• Cleaning Products and Services
• Paper and Copying – THE HERITAGE PRIVATE SCHOOL
• Food and Services – THE HERITAGE PRIVATE SCHOOL
The Heritage Private School is proud of this significant and wide ranging recognition of our achievements to date. We are fully committed to the continuous improvement of our environmental policies and procedures, through education and action.