The Heritage Private School is an academically selective school and we encourage our students to develop their individual interests and aptitudes. Entrance procedures to each of the School’s departments are outlined below.
• The Headteachers of the Early Years School, Primary School and Secondary School will make the final decisions on admissions.
• Students may join during any term subject to availability of places.
• Prospective students are required to sit Entrance Tests in English and Mathematics and attend an interview.
• A satisfactory report from the previous school is required.
• Students whose level of English is not at the required standard (based on the Entrance Test in English and the interview) may still be accepted into the School if they show potential and, as a condition of accepting a place, attend our intensive additional English lessons. This will enable new students to be immersed in the English language so that they can quickly and fully integrate into classroom learning.
• Similarly, if students’ results in the Entrance Test in Mathematics are not at the required standard, they may still be accepted into the School if they show overall academic potential and, as a condition of accepting a place, attend our intensive additional Mathematics lessons.
• Students who have accepted the offer of a place at the School are expected to commence school on the first day of term, unless a definite prior arrangement is agreed in writing for a subsequent start date. If for some unforeseeable reason the student does not commence school on the agreed date, the place will be held for one week only. Parents/guardians should be aware that there is vigorous competition for places at the School and applications for admission exceed places available. Offers are made according to stringent entry criteria and a rigorous selection process, and so places offered but not taken up need to be quickly reallocated to other children on the School’s waiting list. Similarly, once a student takes up the place at the School, parents/guardians must inform the School regarding any absences during term time. Absence of a student from school for more than two weeks without notification will forfeit the school place without refund, and the place will be offered to other children on the School’s waiting list.
• All admissions documentation must be fully completed, signed and submitted, and the registration fee and deposit paid, before a child can commence school.
• By registering with the School you are giving us permission to process relevant personal data.
Early Years School: Nursery, Pre-Reception, Reception and Year 1
The youngest pupils are accepted in the September following their second birthday. Depending on an informal interview with the Early Years and Primary School Headteacher, and availability of places, children can enter at any time.
Primary School (Key Stage 1 & Key Stage 2): Years 2 – 6
Admission is based on previous reports and an interview with the Early Years and Primary School Headteacher. Older students are also assessed by entrance tests in English and Mathematics. If there are places, students can enter at any time.
Secondary School (Key Stage 3: Years 7 – 9; Key Stage 4 (IGCSE/GCSE) and Key Stage 5: AS/A Level)
Most students enter in Year 7 from the Heritage Primary School. Other students applying for admission should provide a previous school report, will take entrance exams in English and Mathematics, and will have an interview with the Secondary School Headteacher.